Wednesday, August 12, 2009

my thoughts today...

So today I’m off work and I want to catch up on some writing. I don’t want to be selfish but I’m not ready to publicly display parts of my manuscript yet… Honestly I’m afraid that someone can “steal” it… do I make sense??

I signed up for this blog with the idea to let others know what the deal is with my writing project… but every time I find myself about to post/blog about it I end up ‘backspacing’ the words and replacing it with something else… Much of this has to do with the fact that I’ve heard so much of writing getting disbursed onto the internet and then someone steals the idea or writing or words or title. Whatever but the deal is that I freak out every time I decide to write about it on this blog or anywhere that people can officially see it.

This is not only my pet project, I have been working on this story for about a year. It’s a slow working progress since I hardly have time to write and I feel like its “my baby”…and you just don’t promote your baby with out a care in the world right?

Well hopefully I can build up the courage or something. Ill tell you what, I’ll keep you updated on any thing that goes down. I’ll try to write an unofficial description of some sort that won’t compromise it, and since the point is that I want to publish it one day I will keep you updated with that too.

Here’s the deal, I had this cool teacher back in high school (sophomore year) for a reading/writing class. She was tough and accepted no bull. As a teacher she let me know that I was one of her top students and that my writing was awesome. (I hate to brag so this is the short version…) since I am indeed a very lazy person I found out that I was going to have her again during senior year for a creative writing class and like a dumb ass I changed the class because in having her as a teacher again i knew i would get pushed to do my best constantly! Can you believe that? I fall back on the fact that teenagers are stupid and therefore make stupid judgment calls; as I did at the time!

Well, my plan is that when the school season starts again I will go to the high school (gosh hopefully she still teaches there!) and I will beg her to look over my manuscript. I remember that one of her co-workers, another very awesome English teacher, helped me a lot during my horrible high school days and I received a scholarship because of his determined help. I’m hoping they can somehow guide me through the publishing method and help me review and fixer-upper my story. Of course I will apologize to my x-teacher first for being such a dumb ass and then tell her how much it would mean to me if she accepted.

As you can see, I go a little overboard when it comes to who sees or who doesn’t see (well read, actually) my manuscript in the making. But I promise to give an all time exclusive sneak peak no matter the size here on my blog.

Thanks all for reading, I can get carried away, mind you, this was only supposed to be a brief hello and what not, but I go on and on and on. =D

Oh and if anyone has any feed back on my blog or the publishing or whatever, please by all means share, share, share! I would love to know how I can get more people involved into my blog… yes I can be quite dull but I would love to have people read my stuff. Oh boy here I go again, didn’t I say bye for now already? See what I mean about going on and on? =)

Ok I promise, one last note. I’m horrible with computers and uploading and stuff. But I really want to include some awesome pics of stuff that I love and that inspire me. I will try… :oP


Love Always,
Sapphire Blue ;)

No comments: