Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Early Bird

Is the expression "early bird" used because they are the ones chirping away our sleep? Because they rise with the sun and begin their day's work, or rise even before the sun and start the day chirping away.
I haven't woken up this early in a while. Mind you, I'm like a house wife with no kids to care for. I got a job that I make my own hours for therefore I wake up around 8-9am. But today I was an 'early bird'. I woke up at 5am, yes FIVE A. M.
Notice the bold print-I don't like waking up early. I'm like that McDonald's commercial "Not before I have had my coffee!" (grumpy, low voice) LoL By now though, I'm fully awake and eager to get on with the day. I have a few things to do today...actually a lot, but I'm actually looking forward to some tasks which is great.
For all of you out there starting your day...smile. It truly helps. Yes you'll look like a dork, smiling to yourself as you look at your exhausted reflection on your rear view mirror. With the kids jumping in the back (how they are THAT energetic at this time...beats me!)But I have read that it helps. If you get cranky and feel the need to scream, do it. Go for a smoke break (I've noticed that smokers get more quick breaks than non-smokers at work so I lied and said I smoke) walk for a bit and scream. Again, you'll look like a dork, a crazy dork. But if it helps you than forget them. You are numero uno today.

Love,
Sapphire Blue

I'm heading out and getting my tasks done. =)

p.s. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! (Sunday)
Here's a pic of my mom (middle), me (right) and my older sister (left) on Mother's Day at Zocalo restaurant.

No comments: